Whilst applying the oxides before the clay had been through the bisque firing, I managed to break a part of my bowl. I decided, however, not to give up on it as I am experimenting with colour, glazes, oxides etc. to learn and discover the best way to apply my illustration to ceramics.So after its first firing I glazed it and this shows the finished result.
I think the colours actually look pretty cool and eerie although the lines could be bolder without gaps by applying more oxide and taking more care when wiping off excess. Notice how the broken bits are attached to the inside of the bowl!
Cool little dudes.